City Forum is a planning and urban issues speaker series hosted by the Community and Regional Planning Student Organization (CRPSO) and the Community and Regional Planning Program (CRP) at the University of Texas at Austin. The bi-weekly speakers series is intended to broaden the curriculum in the CRP program by presenting the experiences, perspectives, and insights of scholars, community leaders, practicing planners, and policy makers who engage in timely issues.
Topics of discussion are relevant, contemporary issues ranging from the local and regional to international. City Forum provides a space for open, critical dialogue among faculty members, students, community members, planning practitioners, and policy-makers regarding crucial planning-related issues in Austin and elsewhere. The speaker series is intended to encourage discussion of diversity, multiple publics, and social change.
All events are held on Fridays from noon to 1:30. City Forum events are free and open to students and professionals interested in planning. First-come, first-served refreshments provided.
- Friday, 2/15 Opportunity Forum Panel (jointly hosted with LBJ)
- Friday, 3/01 Barbara Faga
- Friday, 3/22 Dana Younger (jointly hosted by the CSD)
- Friday, 3/29 Latin American Planning in the Dominican Republic - Bjorn Sletto and Guest from the Dominican Republic
- Friday, 4/05 Colony Park Sustainable Community Initiative Panel
An archive of past speakers is available and includes video-taped footage of many past events.