A transcript-recognized undergraduate academic minor must be completed in conjunction with an undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin. For more information regarding the requirements for achieving a minor, including a comprehensive list of minors, please visit the Minor and Certificate Programs section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
The School of Architecture offers students outside of the School of Architecture the opportunity to pursue one of our three minors. The choices are one of the following:
The Interior Design Minor requires fifteen hours of coursework (five courses). Courses may be taken in any order, as long as prerequisites are met. Six hours must be upper-division. Some courses are only offered once per year.
The following courses require instructor permission, and may have limited availability.:
- ARI 318K Interiors and Society (fall only course)
- ARI 318M Interior Design History (spring only course)
- ARI 338 Designing for Human Behavior (fall only course)
The following courses do not require instructor permission:
- ARC 308 Architecture and Society (offered fall and spring) -- no prerequisites
- ARC 318K World Architecture: Origins to 1750 (spring only course) -- no prerequisites
- ARC 318L World Architecture: The Industrial Revolution to the Present (fall only course) -- no prerequisites
Additional information is available within our Apply section.