The School of Architecture faculty and staff are welcome to use all Technology lab, Computer Classroom, Service Desk, and digital fabrication resources limited by the following restrictions:
- Instructional materials: faculty and staff may print direct instructional materials at the Service Desk by bringing their files on a USB drive for the staff to print, as well as log in our electronic accounting system. Please indicate "instructional" as the usage type.
- Administrative printing: School, University, or other Administrative print jobs may only be printed at the Service Desk if there is a UT account number to which IT staff can charge the costs. In this case, please bring files on a USB drive and provide the Service Desk staff with the account number.
- Faculty Research: Since faculty do not have access to the BevoBucks system, the IT office will allow a limited amount of printing to be done as 'research' printing (the IT office is reimbursed by SOA for these costs). In order to print in this fashion, please bring files on a USB drive and indicate "research" as the usage type to Service Desk staff.
- IMPORTANT: You may be billed at the conclusion of the semester for some portion of your outstanding research balance. So do not print more than you are willing to pay for. Alternatively, faculty members with professorships, startup funds, or other resources may bill Service Desk services and supplies directly to those accounts by providing the Service Desk staff with the account number.
- Private or Pay work: TheService Desk is not to be used for the production of 'for profit' work by faculty, staff, or students. This type of usage violates our various software licensing agreements and a number of rules and regulations that govern the use of our operating funds. Faculty, staff, and students found in violation of this policy will be referred to the Dean for disciplinary action.